Views this Week!

It’s Time to Clean Your Yoga Mat. Here’s How.

My yoga mat has gone from sitting in the back of my closet collecting dust, to being my quarantine MVP. As someone who’s more a group fitness gal and less solitary yogi, when studios suddenly closed in mid-March, I grew slightly anxious. Knowing that exercise was inextricably linked to my mental health, I decided to pull out my yoga mat from its dusty home and explore remote ways to sweat it out. (Luckily, I quickly found a slew of talented instructors hosting Instagram Live workouts.) Today, I still don’t do much yoga, but I do use the mat for everything from high-intensity interval training to pilates. My mat has turned into my happy place and I’m thankful for that fleeting moment when I was convinced I was zen enough to purchase one.

Of course, now that my yoga mat is my best friend, it gets sweaty on the regular. As a pre-pandemic germaphobe, my instinct was to give it the occasional once-over with a sanitizing wipe. Now that I'm hyper-aware of all the germs, bacteria, and viruses that threaten our well-being, I know it needs more. I decided to dig deeper to find the right way to clean a yoga mat; here's what I learned.

Read More >>



from Food52 https://ift.tt/2Yo5Pwx
It’s Time to Clean Your Yoga Mat. Here’s How. It’s Time to Clean Your Yoga Mat. Here’s How. Reviewed by Kritik Sah on June 22, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.